Friday, September 27, 2013

Burger House: Great Burgers and Even Better Fries!



       A few weeks ago, I was tasked with collecting water samples from locations north of Dallas, and after completing my route and dropping off my samples at a laboratory, my mind turned to lunch.  I ran through all of the lunch options that were between me and my office, and I settled on an easy choice, Burger House.

       There are a few Burger House locations in the area, but the one that I exclusively frequent is at 6248 E. Mockingbird Lane in Dallas.  I'm a man who knows what he likes and sticks with what works, so besides going to the same location every time I'm in a mood for their food, I always have the same thing: a cheeseburger with jalapenos.


       The Burger House cheeseburger is delicious!  There are a few great burger joints I've tried, and it's hard for me to nail down an absolute favorite, but the Burger House cheeseburger is easily in my top three.  What's not to like?  It comes in a basket with crisp lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and onions, a hot and juicy meat patty,  melted cheese, and a fresh bun.  I get mine with mustard, and to add the perfect kick, have them throw on some jalapeno slices.  I've never been disappointed in this burger.


       While it's hard to pick a favorite burger, it's easy for me to say that the fries at Burger House are my absolute favorite.  And it's not just the fact that they are fried to golden and crispy perfection every time---paramount for my enjoyment of fries is that they not be soggy or limp.  The Burger House fries are sprinkled liberally with their own special  seasoned salt.  I don't know what's in the seasoning---I think there is at least pepper and salt---but it makes all the difference when comparing the Burger House fries to every other fries I've tried!  On the menu, they are described as "Jack's Famous Fries" and there is a good reason for the fame.

       Oh, and a word to the wise about the Burger House fries.  If you are eating alone, be aware that the large fries portion is huge!  I should have remembered this when I bought my cheeseburger with jalapenos for lunch.  When Jessica and I eat at Burger House with the boys, we normally just order a large fries for the family and it's plenty.  It pained me to throw half of those delicious fries away when I finished my lunch and headed back to the office.


       Besides burgers, Burger House serves chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, chili, and even a garden salad.  Not that I'm likely to try any of these items.  I'm firmly sold on the cheeseburger with jalapenos and fries.  If I ever feel like mixing it up at Burger House, I'll just have a vanilla milkshake with my meal instead of an ice-cold coca-cola.

       Burger House is a cool place to eat.  I recommend that you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment